[Qgis-user] QGIS project slow to open when too much wms layers

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 09:06:05 PST 2015

Hi jurgen.

I have don more test using a sniffer.
As report in this
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2015-December/034593.html

The qgis do not do any request getlegendgraphics at startup .
This is good and well done.

Insteal the problem is on the getcapabilites requests.
They are repeated the same for every single wms layer indipendently if
it is coming from the same wms service or not.

So for a service with 10 layers (we have a wms service with 100+ layers)
and these layrs are added to a qgis project
one by one the qgis do 100 times the same getcapabilites requests and
100 time parse the response.

A good enhancement for me could be to do one single getcapabilities
request for every distinct wms service used in the project instead that
one for every layer to avoid this waste redundancy of work.

A.