[Qgis-user] Ipython console not running in QGIS 2.12, not recognizing ipython 3.1.0 is installed

jessetaylor84 at riseup.net jessetaylor84 at riseup.net
Sun Dec 6 00:16:41 PST 2015

I am trying to run the Ipython console plugin in QGIS 2.12

After installing the plugin, I tried running it, and got the following
error:

You need to install IPython 3.1.0 (and then restart QGIS) before running
this IPyConsole plugin.
IPython can be installed with pip install "ipython[all]==3.1.0". More
informations about IPython installation on
https://ipython.org/install.html [1]
The exception message is: [blank]

So I followed the instructions, and ran SUDO PIP INSTALL
"IPYTHON[ALL]==3.1.0" ... the installation was successful, but then when
I restarted QGIS and tried to open the Ipython console, I got exactly
the same error message. I double-checked and when I run ipython it is
indeed running 3.1.0 now:

Python 3.5.0+ (default, Oct 11 2015, 09:05:38)

What else do I need to do? Why would QGIS not be able to recognize that
I have the correct version of ipython installed?

(I am running Ubuntu 15.10 if that helps)

Thanks!

Jesse Taylor

Links:
------