[Qgis-user] Break a line up into lines of equal segments

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Dec 7 07:50:28 PST 2015

Hi,

Not sure but I would take a file and densify the geometry
(vector/Geometry tools/Densify geometries.) My GUESS is that the added
vertex are equally spaced.  Then you could open the processing toolbar
and search for Explode line.  If this is like Autocad, it will break up
the line at every vertex.  This methods, though, will give different
results based on the line length and the original number of vertex....
:( I would test before using this method.

You could probably handle the problem with more precision using a python
script... There could be other solutions out there.
Good luck

Nicolas