[Qgis-user] QGIS Server: qgis-oracle-provider for Linux

Michael.Scholz at dlr.de Michael.Scholz at dlr.de
Thu Dec 17 02:34:14 PST 2015

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Yes,  Convert the oracle-instantclient11.2-devel rpm from oracle using
> alien(1p) and install it - then build packages[0] for --distribution
trusty-oracle
> - that should produce the qgis packages including qgis-oracle-provider.

Jürgen, thanks a lot for your precise hint!
Building my deb-packages, including qgis-oracle-provider, on a
development-VM with the same architecture worked like a charm. I then
installed the necessary selection of these customly built packages on my
server and publishing of Oracle Spatial layers works like expected. Superb!
Next days I create an accordingly provisioned Vagrant configuration to
complete the whole task in minutes and keep up with updates.

For those of you who still get incomplete WMS getCapabilities- and
getMap-requests: check your apache log [1]. If you encounter errors like
"Premature end of script headers: qgis_mapserv.fcgi", then probably
something is wrong with your Oracle library paths. After installing
oracle-instantclient11.2-basic I had to add it to the system library as
described under "Integrate Oracle Libraries" [2].

Happy serving
Michi

[1] on Ubuntu 14.04: /var/log/apache2/error.log
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Oracle%20Instant%20Client

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Transportation Systems | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig
| Germany

Dipl.-Geoinf. Michael Scholz
Telephone +49 531 295-3158 | michael.scholz at dlr.de | www.dlr.de/ts/en