[Qgis-user] Projection like Google Earth?

Joris Hintjens jorishin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:30:34 PST 2015

Thanks Paolo and Alex.

Alex: I remember now that I had installed Globe plugin, but (on my mac) it crashes. SO I threw it away.
For now, I can see no advantage inWorldwind, compared to G.E.

The link Paolo send, is very interesting. I played with it and came to a certain level of satisfaction. I realize now that, for creating a map that you can pan and tilt around endlessly, as you can in Google earth, one would have to adapt the projection wit every pan/tilt of the map. Maybe some day, when I am older and wiser, I’ll find a solution in a script/plugin.

My aim is to make a web-based map with my data in (pseudo) 3D. For now, I’ll have to export to GoogleEarth.

Have fun!

Joris