[Qgis-user] Projection like Google Earth?

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Dec 17 07:58:32 PST 2015

Hi,
Google Earth Pro is now free.  I think the pro version permits the geolocalisation of higher definition rasters then Google Earth non-pro edition. Perhaps that could help?
You can also try the qgis2treejs plugin.  It's not what you are looking for but it does create high quality 2.5D terrain models that can be easily manipulated in a browser.
Cheers!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca
On Dec 17, 2015 10:42, "Alex Mandel-2 [via OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+s1560n5241787h58 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Not a solution but a related interesting way to think of it.
http://cartography.oregonstate.edu/demos/AdaptiveCompositeMapProjections/ -Alex
On 12/17/2015 04:30 AM, Joris Hintjens wrote:
> Thanks Paolo and Alex.
>
> Alex: I remember now that I had installed Globe plugin, but (on my mac) it crashes. SO I threw it away.
> For now, I can see no advantage inWorldwind, compared to G.E.
>

> The link Paolo send, is very interesting. I played with it and came to a certain level of satisfaction. I realize now that, for creating a map that you can pan and tilt around endlessly, as you can in Google earth, one would have to adapt the projection wit every pan/tilt of the map. Maybe some day, when I am older and wiser, I’ll find a solution in a script/plugin.
>
> My aim is to make a web-based map with my data in (pseudo) 3D. For now, I’ll have to export to GoogleEarth.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Joris
>

>> Op 16 dec. 2015, om 18:39 heeft Paolo Craveri < [hidden email] > het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Hi Joris

>> Is it possible to create a map like the globe in Googel earth, where the map is an infinite that can be turned around instead of panned?
>>
>> AFAIK I think not, unless you use globe plugin
>>
>> is is a question of the right projection?
>>
>> Yes, azimuth orthographic projections  is a suitable projection for making ''globe''  like Google earth.
>>
>> take a look at this:
>>
>> http://polemic.nz/2014/11/21/nz-azimuth-orthographic/  < http://polemic.nz/2014/11/21/nz-azimuth-orthographic/ >
>>
>> I've just tried the proposed python script; It works perfectly!
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Paolo Craveri

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Projection-like-Google-Earth-tp5241620p5241787.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML