[Qgis-user] Looking for a suggestion on a vector format

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Dec 18 09:06:52 PST 2015

Hi Jesse,

I’ve actually done work in this area as well.  After reading your needs list and before seeing that you thought about DWG/SVG, I’ll say that those were the two formats I was going to suggest for storing everything.  DXF is open, as well as DWG (More work though).

You might be able to make a case for GeoJSON, but it’s limiting in some ways, and you would probably need to include JS or a JS Lib as well as the styling info separately.  Although you could conceivably put it all into a single HTML doc.

bobb