[Qgis-user] OSGeo4W-packages for GRASS 7 only in QGIS

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Mon Dec 21 02:46:54 PST 2015

Hi,

I was wondering what packages I have to select in order to install the current release of QGIS only with GRASS 7 support (meaning esp. the GRASS 7 plugin), cause I want to avoid confusion of users and mixed up GRASS mapsets (GRASS 6 /GRASS 7)...

I tried to only select qgis, grass, qgis-grass-plugin7 and let the installer add the dependencies. But using this approach, I cannot see the GRASS 7 plugin in QGIS on windows (the data provider works though...)...

Looking into the qgis-grass-plugin7 package, it seems that equivalents for
apps/qgis/plugins/grassplugin6.dll
apps/qgis/grass/bin/qgis.g.browser6.exe
are missing in the package?

Any Idea? Should I open a ticket in OSGeo4W?

Kind regards
Stefan

P.S.: The current QGIS standalone installer ships only GRASS 6, so it is no alternative...