[Qgis-user] Exporting png or pdf from print composer does not work, empties canvas (Lyon)

Richard Males rbmales at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:26:44 PST 2015

I am relatively new to print composer, but have been able to develop some
nice annotated maps.   I was able to successfully export to a png one time,
but since then, exports to png or pdf or svg all fail and empty the
canvas.  If I exit out of qgis and re-start, I can find the previously
populated composer with all elements intact, but I still cannot get an
export.  Windows 8.1, Lyon 2.12.2

Sometimes, not always, after attempting the export, qgis itself will
crash.  I have restarted the computer, same problem.

Is this a bug, or my ignorance?   I usually go for my ignorance, so asking
for help, as print composer looks to be a wonderful tool.

Thanks in advance

Dick