[Qgis-user] 1928-1930 USGS maps

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Dec 27 22:53:16 PST 2015

Hi,
You are correct, you have stripes the CRS info from the map because Photoshop does not know what to do. If you load the map, you can click on raster.. Something... Gdal-info.  That should give you all the tagged info left in the image.
Load the map in QGIS and click on "zoom to layer extent".  If you still don't see it, make sure you are in a CRS that is projected in meters.  You should be able to see it.  The map should be at 0,0.
All is not loss...  You can reproject the map to the correct CRS using the gdal georeferencing tool.    Always back up your data before manipulating it.
Hope this helps!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca