[Qgis-user] CRS transformations

Peter Kroopnick pete at kroopnick.com
Tue Dec 29 17:24:42 PST 2015

I am trying to convert a shp file received from local government in State
Plane (us-ft) coordinates to UTM (us-ft) coordinates.  I cannot find a
pre-defined UTM in ft for Arizona, USA.

Here is what I get when selecting NAD 83(HARM) UTM:

+proj=utm +zone=12 +ellps=GRS80 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +units=m +no_defs

Note the result is in meters.  How do I convert to feet.  I have tried
pasting the above into the user defined CRS, changing m to ft, but get a
coordinate rotation along with the switch from x,y to y,x.

Once converted, I then need to export (save as a shape file) in the new
coordinate system.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Pete Kroopnick