[Qgis-user] How do I specify several different marker symbols for a single layer?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Jan 3 03:33:58 PST 2015

Hi,

Background symbols for highway numbers are better done in the labelling
settings, and not with different styles. That you way you only need one
layer and one category - the rest is done with rules for the individual
graphical properties. You can use CASE rules for having different simple
shape or SVG backgrounds.

Andreas