[Qgis-user] point sampling tool QGIS 2.6

Torsten Lange torsten.lange at mail.de
Thu Jan 15 02:56:43 PST 2015

Hi,

I wonder, where I could find a working "point sampling tool" for QGis 2.6. The respective python plugin only works with QGis < 2.x. Also didn't find one in the menu.

The only processing tool seem to have the needed func is Saga "Add grid values to points". However, can't manage to get a point shape or csv from that tool. Any one knows, what I have to give as output file? New file doesn't work, as message says it couldn't find the file to open. If I use the input point shape as output shape the module runs, but it doesn't add the grid values. If I leave the output to temporary, the message says again that it couln't open or create the file. Am I doing something wrong?

However, if there is a newer point sampling plugin available for QGis, could you please point me to. Our IT department obviously blocks the online plugin search from within QGis.

Thank you, Torsten