[Qgis-user] Import (not so) large data into a remote postgis database

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:14:26 PST 2015

Thanks for the answer.

Try using the two "Import into PostGIS" algorithms included with
> processing. The "Import Vector into PostGIS database" OGR algorithm
> should be quite fast.

Here I have only one in the list.
I tried it, but again : no visual feedback (just a non-responding window).
Also, when looking at the row count using pgadmin, I don't see rows being
inserted, while I was seeing rows being inserted (very slowly) when
importing through the DB Manager...

I tried monitoring the network traffic, and it's very slow (around 0.4
kb/s)... It doesn't seem the network is the limiting factor, since I get
around 30-40 kb/s upload to the server through sftp.

I'm a bit lost about where to look to optimize this :(
Am I the only one running into this problem ? Maybe it's specific to some
of my postgis settings (but I changed almost nothing from the default
setup).

Any help would be very welcome !

Olivier