[Qgis-user] Creating oblique views of QGIS layers

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Jan 18 09:33:48 PST 2015

Hi,

I have not done this in QGIS, but have done it often with GMT. I've also used it to generate a page of maps showing a time series of survey results, each as a 3D perspective plot.

A script draws a layer, then the next, applying a Z offset to each layer as it renders them, building the stack. You can use pstext to add text for each layer (which can be on the page - does not have to be in the map extent. At the end ps2raster can convert the postscript to bitmap which you cam add to your layout in the QGIS composer.
Depending on how complex your layers are, the script can get a bit complicated... the nature of the beast. QGIS
(or GDAL) can save your QGIS vector layers in GMT format, rasters can also be converted to a format GMT can render.
Brent Wood