[Qgis-user] Nodata and raster calculator

jfprieur jfprieur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 12:23:14 PST 2015

Hello,

I am using QGIS 2.6.1 raster calculator to mask a curvature raster to
exclude a range of values. I am following the instructions at

http://docs.qgis.org/2.6/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_raster/raster_calculator.html

and am getting the proper output. My question is: Is it possible to output
the nodata value instead of 0 (which is what the result is in the example)
for the excluded values?

I am using floating point rasters which default to a 3.whatever e-38 nodata
value which means that I have to change the nodata manually after to 0
(which sometimes causes additional problems with borders, etc.)

I may also be doing this completely wrong, strong possibility.