[Qgis-user] qgis / windows upgrade from 2.6 to 2.6.1

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Jan 25 10:29:56 PST 2015

Am 25.01.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Tourspur Infopost:

> I recently installed qgis 2.6, which caused a series of problems, although I
> saved old 2.2 project versions als 2.6 version before continuing working.
> E.g. project files collapsed while changing legend items and where
> completely destroyed afterwards (impossible to open them again!), or every
> time I closed down a project  by "end qgis/project, the system creates
> minidump ending files.

The problems with old project files are mainly related to print composer
settings that have been changed internally.

As an alternative, you could save the styles of your layers to qml
files, and try to create new project files by adding the datasources and
stylings to that. That way you only have to recreate the print composer
part of the project files.

HTH,
André Joost