[Qgis-user] Newbie on iPad - what QGIS to download?

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Jan 25 18:07:22 PST 2015

On 1/25/2015 2:00 PM, qgis-user-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
> Thanks, Nathan!
> Further -
> May I presume I can capture waypoints/datapoints for the trees using a different program, like the dysco app, and import them to a map on QGIS?

Yes you can.  We will show you how or you can search Google
for instructions.

> My question of from where can I download maps still stands.

You can get maps from thousands of places.  This is just 2:
https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger.html
http://archive.org/search.php

Instead of downloading files you may want to install the
OpenLayers plugin and use OpenStreetMap, Google Maps, or
Bing Maps.  Then later on you may find it useful to download
a few maps.

Get back to us if have further questions.

Mike