[Qgis-user] WFS-T update to geoserver fails

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jan 27 06:05:33 PST 2015

Hi,

is it possible to use try out another wfs-t client to talk to your
Boundless geoserver (for example a simple openlayers client)?
If that one is also failing/hanging then you can point your energy into
the Geoserver.

With Openlayers and using firefox with firebug (javascript debugging)
you can easily extract the wfs-t requests and responses and rerun them
using the extention 'poster'.

What I've seen before with a geoserver wfs-t was that the first edit
went wrong (because of the missing of an id or so) and then subsequent
edits were ok (though that was with an Oracle-layer....).

You should not be able to 'hang' geoserver using whatever client, you
have to look into the logs of geoserver to see what happens. Do you have
a lot of layers and is geoserver updating it's cache or so?

Geoserver has a lot of debug levels, try to raise the debuglevel to see
what comes in at geoserver?

As I've used QGIS in combi with WFS-T before ad your osgeo live setup is
succesfull, my first guess is the Boundless Geoserver, but I could be wrong.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde