[Qgis-user] How to run an sql query against the postgres provider and other stories.....

Rhys A.D. Stewart rhys.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:39:03 PDT 2015

Greetings all,

Two things:

1. I have a python action  which I use to get more info on a particular
location,the action queries a postgres table. I'm having to use psycopg2
because I couldn't find where or how to use the provider to run queries
against the database.

2. I submitted a feature request for "Action on Identify". My use case is
that whenever I identify an object more often than not i want to run the
action from point 1. call me lazy, but it does get tedious when I have to
click to expand the actions menu, then click the actual action itself.
Also, the returned data (in this case) would fit nicely in the identify
dialogue. So I proposed "Action on Identify" so that an action could be run
the instant an object is identified. Any one else think this is a good idea?

Rhys
Peace & Love|Live Long & Prosper