[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.8.2 GPS Tools and Garmin USB Connection

Antonio Di Marco a.dimarco at arpat.toscana.it
Thu Jul 9 07:34:55 PDT 2015

In QGIS 2.8.2 I couldn't download my Garmin GPS waypoints through Vector
-- GPS Tools menu under an USB connection.
The device has this Command line under "Waypoint download":

%babel -w -i garmin -o gpx "%in" "%out"

I tried also this line: gpsbabel -w -i garmin -o gpx "%in" "%out"

In both cases I get this message:

Layer is not valid: The layer xxxx.gpx?type=waypoint is not a valid
layer and can not be added to the map

I need an usb connection not a serial one via COM1
To verify that was not a driver trouble or something else  I tried to
gat the waypoints via GPSBABEL and everything is ok

Any answer will be very much appreciated

--
Antonio Di Marco

ARPAT (Agenzia Regionale per la Protezione Ambientale della Toscana)
Direzione tecnica - Settore SIRA (Sistema Informativo Regionale Ambientale)
Via N. Porpora, 22
50144 Firenze
Tel.: +39-055-3206416  Fax: +39-055-3206324
email: antonio.dimarco at arpat.toscana.it