[Qgis-user] HELP Please: SAGA, GRASS 6 & 7, R, do not work in vers. 2.4 -. 2.8

Velizar Strumberger velizar.strumberger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:26:39 PDT 2015

Hello to all

I am a great admirer  of QGIS but I have a serious problem and I hope that
there is someone that can help me. I started working with QGIS 2.2
(Valmiera) and it worked OK.  I then (tried to) switched to QGIS 2.4 but
then GRASS, SAGA and R stopped working.  I have a laptop Windows 7 64 bit
and a desktop Windows XP 32 bit. The phenomenons are the same.

Installing it as a standalone or with OSGeo4W gave the same results.

These are the problems:

GDAL: OK it woks

 For *GRASS 6 and 7*: Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be run :-(

 This is for *SAGA and TauDEM* : Ooooops. The following output layers could
not be open

Channel Network C: *and a log path *...........................

The above file(s) cannot be opened, which probably indicates that they were
not correctly produced by the  executed algorithm.

*For R*: Missing dependency. This algorithm cannot be run :-(

* Orfeo Toolbox*:

OTB folder not configured. Please configure before running OTB algorithms.

(This also didn't work in QGIS 2.2 but I didn't bother with his).

In the Processing->Options->Providers the paths for

GRASS 6.4.3 was  C:/OSGeo4W64/apps/grass/grass-6.4.3/etc/grass-run.bat

and for MSYS

C:/OSGeo4W64/apps/msys/msys.bat

This is wrong because I installed a standalone version and there is no
OSGeo4W64 folder.

I corrected the paths for both and pressed OK. I opened the Providers once
again and saw that the two path were converted to the "original" ones that
I "changed"; there is no way I can change the paths set up during the
installation

There is also a path for GRASS 7, but this was not installed.

I have the impression that parameters for the Providers is from the

I truly believe that I did not uninstall or  delete a file (I also think
that the first time I did not uninstall but just deleted QGIS) that
determines such behavior because I also noticed the following:

When I install QGIS (any version) and install some plugins (which I would
never use - as a test) and open the toolbox with several providers and when
I uninstall this version and install it once again I find that the same
plugins are installed and the toolbox is opened exactly the same as I left
it in the previous installation.

I am not a computer wiz but just a humble geologist who wants to use
software for my work.

Help - or explanation how to correct this would be most welcome.

Regards

Dr. Strumberger