[Qgis-user] Handle Bad Layers

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:11:02 PDT 2015

Hi Chandler,
Since the last opening, have you either moved the files or renamed one of
their (up)folders or moved the project. The "Handle bad layers" window pops
up when QGIS doen't find the layer where it is intended to be (in absolute
or relative path), mostly because the path to the file has changed or
access is denied. You just have to select the row and type in the right
path or use the browser to reach the new location and all is ok.

But since these files are still on your disk, you should be able to open
them in another project, unless they're damaged. What kinf of files are you
trying to open?

Regards,
DelazJ