[Qgis-user] QGIS instalation and uninstallation issues

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Jul 16 11:46:00 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com>
wrote:

> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Open-Source-Rawkonverter-Darktabl
> e-Windows-Version-scheitert-an-mangelnder-Initiative-2750592.html
>
> I fully agree with them.

​+1
​​

>> people using windows should
> actually try make the update on windows "smoother" (isnt it already
> nice with OSGEO4W?)

​I run QGIS on Win7+8 wit OSGeo4W and on Ubuntu. In my opinion, the Windows
solution is almost easier to handle that the repos on Ubuntu. Thanks Jürgen
and whoever else is involved!

I might even go as far as say that it might be worth considering dumping
the stand-alone installer if it causes more issues than it's worth.

Best wishes,
Anita

​