[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.10 with / without GRASS 6.4.3

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 03:53:38 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Chris Buckmaster
<chris.buckmaster at runnymede.gov.uk> wrote:
> I am on Windows Vista 64 bit - I downloaded the windows 64 bit installer file from qgis.org

The only difference is that "QGIS Desktop 2.10.1 with GRASS 6.4.3"
loads GRASS 6 provider + plugin while  "QGIS Desktop 2.10.1" does not.
No big gain running the version without GRASS, probably few tenths of
second on start.

I am not win package maintainer so I am not sure why there is the
version without GRASS.

BTW: GRASS 7 is not yet ported to win 64 bit.

Radim