[Qgis-user] how to avoid the automatic conversion of a session string in a csv file to a number

CONTI Tonino t.conti at comune.jesi.an.it
Wed Jul 29 01:18:43 PDT 2015

Dear all,
Can anyone tell me how to prevent qgis automatically convert a csv file from text field to numeric format (double).
I have a csv file where a field contains texts starting with zero (example: "0420050000000009", with the quotes).
When I add to my project file as "layer delimited text," I see the data properly in the preview but when the layer is added in this field is not imported the leading zero recognizing the format as numeric.
I need that the string "0420050000000009" remains unchanged as it represents a unique identifier.
can you help me?
Thank You
Tonino

Dott.Tonino Conti