[Qgis-user] live tracking problem

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 17 03:42:42 PDT 2015

Hi,

I wondered if anyone had seen something like this?

I have 2 mint17 (ubuntu14.04) installs that both are failing to connect to either of my gps.

The gps are connecting and are being assigned a port.
I can observe communications.
I can use gpsbabel to access data on them.
(So I think the operating system is communicating with them fine)

If I try to connect them inside QGIS, after a 2 second wait (which is really, really short) QGIS tells me that it failed to connect to the gps.
I can not see any further information in the log or on the terminal.
There is no sign in the terminal that QGIS actually looked (in previous versions I can see which ports QGIS is trying in the terminal).

To complicate things, the same gps work perfectly on a win7 install (standalone or osgeo4w).

Has anyone else seen this?
Are there any pointers?

At this point I've.
Updated everything in sight.
Uninstalled/reinstalled
Uninstalled/removed .qgis2/reinstalled
uninstalled/swapped repositaries/reinstalled
and am currently compiling master to see if that helps.

-ramon.