[Qgis-user] Oracle connection Timeout

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Mar 18 02:20:32 PDT 2015

Hi Heather,

On Wed, 18. Mar 2015 at 02:01:05 -0700, Heather Hillers wrote:
> So, this patch is great.  Brilliant!

> The next question is, how can I deploy it to my productive System?  Since
> this is a System error that causes a lot of trouble, it's really important
> to get it fixed.

> Will it be added to / is it already added to 2.8?

Now it is.   qgis-rel-dev (the nightly build of the release branch in OSGeo4W)
will have it tomorrow and it'll be in 2.8.2.

2.8.2 will be released when there are two weeks without a new commit.  But
that's apparently too long - there still is a more or less continuous stream of
fixes.  So there weren't any new point releases yet, although there are a
bunch of fixes.  So we might need to pick a shorter period that still leaves
the opportunity to test the changes in nightly builds before it actually is
released.

> Is 2.8 now the official QGIS stable Version?

Yes.

> We still have 2.6 on production.  Is it safe to upgrade?

It's supposed to be safe.  But what's safe in life?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode