[Qgis-user] QGIS: great at sea...(teaching & research in the field)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Mar 23 00:46:53 PDT 2015

Hi Leo, Piotr, all:

Il 23/03/2015 01:39, Leo Kris Palao ha scritto:
> Hi QGIS Users,
>
> I have also a very nice experience with QGIS, that I would like to write

>     From: Piotr Kania <p.kania at op.pl <mailto:p.kania at op.pl>>
>
>     My two cents - company I work in pays huge money for Arcgis, but Arcmap
>     doesn't work with wmts. That's why I encourage everyone to use QGIS and
>     they are surprised how good it is - for free they can use valuable
>     public wmts data, what is impossible in Arcgis 10.2.2, 10.3....

in all these cases, and more, it is important to motivate people to
support QGIS, with their direct input for documentation, translation,
development, donations, and sponsorship. Reinvesting in QGIS a small
proportion of what they save not buying licences wil have a great impact.
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu