[Qgis-user] weird behavior of SpatiaLite

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:24:50 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've noticed a strange behavior of SL (both for QGIS 2.8.1 and Master).
If I made a query of a database layer and I load it in QGIS, no problem at
all.
But when I add a column to this layer using the Field Calculator, the whole
numeric fields get messed and are transformed in NUMERIC type.

This way I cannot not use the Graduated symbology anymore (NUMERIC is not
supported by SL, but is a transformation made by QGIS).

A small example. I have 2 fields (DOUBLE) and I want to add a 3rd field as
the sum of those ones.
Field Calculator -> New Field (DOUBLE) -> "x" + "y" -> Save -> get this
error

Could not commit changes to layer media_coordinate

Errors: SUCCESS: 1 attribute(s) added.

ERROR: field with index 1 is not the same!

Provider: spatialite

Storage: SQLite database with SpatiaLite extension

expected field: name=mean_x type=double typeName=DOUBLE len=0 precision=0

retrieved field: name=mean_x type=QString typeName=NUMERIC len=0 precision=0

Close without saving and the DOUBLE fields become NUMERIC, while the 3rd
field is created (as DOUBLE) but is empty.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Matteo