[Qgis-user] Question Install QGIS 2.8.1 - 64bit while QGIS 2.6.0 32bit still installed

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Mar 26 00:25:12 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

Plugins should work smoothly between the 32bit and 64bit QGIS version,
as Python is a scripting language and compiled/recompiled when necessary
(the pyc versions are the binary versions of the python files). There is
more problems for plugins when moved between different QGIS versions,
esp. when there are API differences. You can also use the same
plugins/python files on other OS (fe. Linux and OSX) if the plugin
author did not use anything operating system dependent.

Greetings,
Andreas