[Qgis-user] measure processing time (research difference Qgis and ArcGIS)

Pieter Stevens Pieter.Stevens at Ugent.be
Thu Mar 26 07:58:04 PDT 2015

Dear sir,

Dear madam,

As a student of the university Ghent I'm researching the differences and
similarities between ArcGIS and QuantumGIS.

A part of the research is about the time needed to process simple tools (for
exemple: buffer, clip, union, .). ArcGIS has the possibility to watch the
log where you can see how long the program took to process.

I was wondering whether QGIS has the same function.

I was also wondering whether anyone of the QGIS community already did
comparable research, or has read anything that could help me.

Sincerely,

Pieter Stevens

Linking program to master of science in land surveying technology