[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Pyqt4 : which signal is sent when dialog comes to foreground?

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:12:24 PDT 2015

Hi,
I'm working on a Python plugin for QGIS and need your help to do something.
I'm a beginner in Python and C++ and just used plugin-builder for the
architecture.

My main dialog is a non modal one and does list print composers in the
project. It means that while it's opened, user can delete or create
composer. What I'd like is, when user calls back the dialog to foreground,
it automatically updates the list of composers. I already have the function
to update but don't find which signal to use. I can add a button to do this
but better if it can be done transparently...

I've read about defining a custom showEvent function but can't understand
where to put it and what inside.
If somebody can give some tips...

Thanks in advance,

DelazJ