[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.8 runtime error

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Tue Mar 31 00:56:13 PDT 2015

Hi Leo

I had the same error a while back and I posted this to the UK QGIS user group:

Anyone getting the following error on the latest update to QGIS via OSGeo4W? The problem is a copy of msvcr90.dll in the C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\bin folder which clashes with the copy in C:\Windows\winsxs\ folder.  Removing the DLL from the QGIS folder allows the program to start without a hitch.  If you have QGIS DEV installed there is no issue.

This post provided the answer and method: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14552348/runtime-error-r6034-in-embedded-python-application/14680947#14680947

This happened after using the OSGeo4W installer to upgrade to QGIS 2.6.1-2

Whether this is just my install environment or affects everyone, I don’t know.

Hope it helps

Ross