[Qgis-user] Composite satellite images

Susan Iremonger s.iremonger at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:29:37 PDT 2015

re: item initally sent on 17 April.
Hi All, and in particular Raul Nanclares,
Many thanks to Raul for his input on my question about how to make a
multiband raster file for a Landsat image (his method attached below). I
tried this out and have got to the end of the first step, where I used
Merge(with "Stack" checked) to combine the single band files into one file.
I am doing landcover work so I am principally interested n Bands 3,4 and 5,
but hope also to sharpen the image with Band 8. The merge seemed to
succeed, and I now have bands 1-5 in the multiband raster file, and am
using bands BGR 234 and 345 in my Displays.

I tried to superimpose and pansharpen but kept getting this message:[image:
Inline image 1]
Perhaps "Superimpose sensor" is not the right Tool, but I couldn't see
another in the Orfeo Toolbox (?There doesn't seem to be a "search" for this
toolset?).
I got a similar message when I tried the Pansharpening Tool directly,
without doing the superimpose first, but I admit i am not sure what files I
am supposed to put in each field in these tools - I was using Ban 8 on its
own, and the multiband stack file I made.
Is there a Help for Orfeo, does anyone know? Or perhaps someone can see
where I am going wrong and what tool I should really be using?
Many thanks for any help.
--Susan.
Raul Nanclares' inital reply (and thanks to Raul) to my first posting on
this subject was: