[Qgis-user] base maps

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Fri May 8 12:57:35 PDT 2015

Hi,

First of all, you can join the QGIS Canada in Google + for this type of
question.  I will be happy to help out there too.
http://canadiangis.com/new-and-improved-geogratis-website.php is also a
good site.

There is lots of data available for Canada.  You will find 2 WMS servers
where you can download one layer at a time.  WMS is a raster base service.

Toporama:
http://wms.ess-ws.nrcan.gc.ca/wms/toporama_en?VERSION=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities&service=wms
Geobase: http://ows.geobase.ca/wms/geobase_fr?
GSC Geological data:
http://ngwd-bdnes.cits.rncan.gc.ca/mapengine/oneGeology/?

You also have access to all 50K - 250K maps sheets in Canada and much
more on GeoGratis.  Look for canvec product.  The road network is also
there.
https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/earth-sciences/geography/topographic-information/free-data-geogratis/11042
http://geogratis.gc.ca/site/eng/extraction

Have a look at other stuff here: http://open.canada.ca/en