[Qgis-user] File Geodatabases

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Mon May 11 11:52:30 PDT 2015

The closest thing you have is spatialite. It's similar from the aspect
of "everything in one place" but different in that it acts like a database.

http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/

In QGIS go to Layer -> Create Layer -> New Spatialite Layer. That will
make a Spatialite database with a  table (feature class) for you to
input data.

Randy

On 05/11/2015 12:44 PM, Joseph Sloop wrote:
> Hello To All,
> I am still pretty new at using QGIS. I know I can open a file
> geodatabase inside of QGIS to extract data. My question is this: I
> currently use Esri File Geodatabases, but what would be the equivalent
> in QGIS? What are others using?
>
> Thank you all in advance,
>
> Joseph
>

> _____________________________
>
> Joseph Sloop
>
> PhD Candidate
>
> University of North Carolina at Greensboro
>
> Department of Geography
>
> jbsloop at uncg.edu <mailto:jbsloop at uncg.edu>

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc