[Qgis-user] Web-Client: same host QGIS-Server-WMS not shown

Marc Beiling beiling at gbd-consult.de
Mon May 18 07:11:17 PDT 2015

Hello Bernhard,

Unfortunately replacing the server name with 127.0.0.1 does not do the
trick for me. I'm going nuts, because I have no clue how to
handle it. I've tried an external wms coming from a qgis server. That
works. Only my own qgis-server-wms isnt shown in the map or the
layertree at all.
Anything else i can do?

Am Wed, 13 May 2015 12:56:27 +0200
schrieb Bernhard Ströbl <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de>:

> Hi Marc,
> it is absolutely possible to serve WMS layers from any WMS server
> with QGIS server (so called cascading WMS) but you have to make sure
> that the WMS server is accessible from the server QGIS server is
> running on. If it is the same machine try replacing the server name
> with 127.0.0.1 in the URL (in the project file), this works for me.
>
> Bernhard
>
> Am 13.05.2015 um 12:47 schrieb Marc Beiling:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I have a qgis-project including certain layers and two wms (one
> > directly from my qgis server, the other through my mapproxy) from my
> > qgis-server. When I put this project on the server and open it with
> > the qgis-web-client all layers except for my wms-layers are shown.
> > It doesn't even show up in the layertree.
> >
> > I tried to change the wms-url in the .qgs from servername... to
> > localhost.... Doesnt work
> >
> > Its on a https server. Has this something to do with it? Is it
> > possible to show wms in a web-client-project based on another
> > project served from the same cgi-bin?
> >
> > Maybe I dont see the obvious. Any help highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Marc

> > __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> > signature database 11619 (20150513) __________
> >
> > The message was checked by ESET Mail Security.
> > http://www.eset.com
> >

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 11619 (20150513) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Geoinformatikbüro Dassau GmbH
Rethelstrasse 153
D - 40237 Düsseldorf
Tel: +49-211-69937750
Fax: +49-211-69937751
Mobile: +49-171-4687540
http://www.gbd-consult.de

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HR B 74022
Geschäftsführer: Otto Dassau