[Qgis-user] Maps generation with Python (or Atlas ?)

Benoît Laurent blaurent at heurisis.eu
Mon May 18 08:51:07 PDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to generate a series of maps representing tracks with stops
along them.

For each track, I have got a group of two layers, one for the linear,
one for the points that have associated information (basically name and
time of the stops). First, is there a better way to achieve this ? For
the moment, I have to handle two types of layer. It is the beginning of
my problems.

As the tracks overlap, I would like to generate a map for each track
where only the current selected track appears. The others would be hidden.

I had a try with Atlas generation. It perfectly works except that I
can't hide the other tracks.

I also had a try with a Python script. I managed to iterate over the
groups of layers but I can't refresh the map canvas during the Python
script. So, it doesn't work.

Do others faced a similar problem ? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Benoît

---