[Qgis-user] 32bit gdal gdal modules

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue May 19 09:58:36 PDT 2015

Hi,
Thanks for the info. Seems you are right for the .shp file limits.  For gdal_contour I used the -f SQLite switch. It seems rather slow...  Is there a faster file format out there? GML perhaps? Has anybody tested file formats for gdal_contour speed?
For gdal_merge, I have created a virtual raster and I am trying to save that.  It creates an initial 14GB file. It  now seams to be reading raster part (30 030) in order to process them.  For now, it has not crashed.  I will keep you posted.
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca
On May 19, 2015 12:01 PM, "Even Rouault-2 [via OSGeo.org]	" <ml-node+s1560n5206474h55 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Le mardi 19 mai 2015 17:58:33, [hidden email]  a écrit :
> Hi,
> It seems that both gdal_contour and gdal_merge in QGIS 2.6 and 2.8 (both
> 64bit windows installs on Windows 7_64) are still in 32 bit. Both stop
> when output files hit 4 194 304KB (.tiff or .shp) Is there a way around
> those limitations?
32 or 64-bit builds should have no influence on the limitation of output files.
A 32-bit build can certainly handle files > 4 GB.
.shp are limited to 2GB due to the format anyway.
.tif might be limited to 4 GB with libtiff 3, but are no longer limited with
libtiff 4 with BIGTIFF enabled.
> Thanks
> Nicolas

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/32bit-gdal-gdal-modules-tp5206472p5206474.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML