[Qgis-user] Maps generation with Python (or Atlas ?)

Benoît Laurent blaurent at heurisis.eu
Wed May 20 06:16:01 PDT 2015

I eventually managed to solve my problem. In case somebody encounters
the same or a similar one, I provide my solution: I used a Python script
iterating over the groups. Apparently, it is not possible (or I failed)
to refresh the mapCanvas during the Python script.

Instead of using |"legend.setLayerVisible(layer,True)", I played with
symbols:

layers[2*g].rendererV2().symbol().setWidth(2)
layers[2*g].rendererV2().symbol().setAlpha(1)

There were others problems in my code but the main difficulty lied
there. Symbols can be updated during Python scripts and it perfectly
meets my needs.

Regards,

Benoît

---