[Qgis-user] 32bit gdal gdal modules

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed May 20 08:01:50 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 20 mai 2015 16:54:53, Nicolas Cadieux a écrit :
> Hi,
> The problem with gdal_merge seems to be with the input parameters I used to
> deflate the file. Locks at 4GB file size. Cheers

You may need to explcitely add -co BIGTIFF=YES when generating compressed TIFF
that will be larger than 4GB. The GeoTIFF driver has a heuristics to determine
if a bigtiff file must be generated or not, but it's not bullet-proof. In recent
versions (GDAL 1.11 and above likely) you should get an error message "Maximum
TIFF file size exceeded. Use BIGTIFF=YES creation option."

http://www.spatialys.com