[Qgis-user] Create polygons with attributes from csv-file

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu May 21 06:28:31 PDT 2015

If you import the CSV as point in QGIS or in a spread sheet, you can easily separate them using the forest ID. In Qgis, you can save them to a shape file and then use the forest ID to split the shape file into different parts (vector menu).
Then, you could use your method of triangulation.
I also remember a plugin that will chain point into polygons.  Don't know the name but search for something like point to line or point to polygons.
Python will also permit you to do that directly but I would try first to find a plugin that does it for you. I would help more but I am far from a PC.
Cheers
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.