[Qgis-user] OTB folder is not configured!

Yang, Chenghai Chenghai.Yang at ARS.USDA.GOV
Thu May 21 13:50:19 PDT 2015

I just downloaded QGIS Standalone installer Version 2.8 (64 bit) and installed it (QGIS 2.8.2-Wien) on my desktop PC running windows 7 (64bit). I was able to open a georeferenced three-band image (WGS84, UTM Zone 14N). When I tried to split the RGB image using the Split Image tool under Geoalgorithms->Image Manipulation in the Processing Toolbox, I received the following error message:

Algorithm Split Image starting...
OTB folder is not configured. Please configure it before running OTB algorithms.

Actually, I got the same error message for many other tools under Processing Toolbox. Then I looked at the Orfeo Toolbox algorithm provider under Processing provider and algorithms in USER GUIDE/MANUAL (QGIS TESTING!), and found the following note:

"Please remember that Processing contains only the interface description, so you need to install OTB by yourself and configure Processing properly."

My question to you is: How do I install OTB and configure Processing properly? Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Chenghai Yang