[Qgis-user] Import to SpatiaLite from file geodatabase

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:38:23 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,
I am handed a file geodatabase (fGDB) on a weekly basis that is created in ArcGIS 10.2, but is saved as a backward-compatible 9.3 fGDB before delivery (I am not the only recipient). I'm not sure that the ArcGIS version matters, just providing that as information. I regularly import this into a SpatiaLite DB via QGIS and have been using DB Manager, but decided to try QspatiaLite. One analysis that is performed is a comparison of certain attribute fields between tables, and some of those fields are date fields. When importing through DB Manager, I get the standard ISO 8601 format (e.g., "2008-03-24T05:00:00"). QSpatiaLite gives me "PyQt4.QtCore.QDateTime(2008, 3, 24, 5, 0)" for the same example date. It looks correct, just different formatting, but when I establish a join between those two import types based on the date field, I don't get any matching records (which makes sense to me now because the dates are stored as text for both imports).

I'm using the 'Import QGIS Layer' option in the QspatiaLite dialog, and there aren't many options beyond that. From a public safety perspective, I prefer the ISO format. I like the QspatiaLite plugin so I guess the only question here is: Is there some setting tweak to get the ISO format via the QspatiaLite import? Otherwise, just an FYI for others to pick one import methodology and stick with it if your attribute value format matters between datasets.

I'm running QGIS 2.8.2 from the standalone installer on Win 7 x64. Thanks very much for any feedback.

James
Sent from my iPhone