[Qgis-user] Import to SpatiaLite from file geodatabase

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun May 24 09:56:47 PDT 2015

Of course that won't work in this case as DBF does not support Date-time
in a single field.

Back to the original question, if I'm understanding you are importing 2+
tables and joins between those tables aren't working when you try to
join by Date-Time?

If you really want things to work in SQLite use unixepoch to match the
join. Are you using the QGIS join tool for this? I would write a view in
sqlite/spatialite that joins the tables. It sounds like your issue stems
from how QGIS read the spatialite tables and tries the join. If you do
it with SQL then you can more finely control how the matches work (like
the above mentioned epoch conversion can be done on the fly).

PS: ogr2ogr should be able to batch convert your db consistently.

Thanks,
Alex