[Qgis-user] map with specific information for particular POIs

Kevin Suhr kevin.suhr at wegweisend.ch
Sun May 31 23:35:19 PDT 2015

Hi Folks

My company is planning to start working with QGIS. Therefore, we have one crucial question to be answered. As we organize sports events such as Marathons and others, we would like to display all the checkpoints, e.g. for emergencies, safety, spatially. Internally, we need maps with information such as person in duty, phone number, or necessary material etc for each of those POI.

Is this particular form of maps possible to create with QGIS and how would this be managed?

I have some experience in ArcGIS as I have been studying geography for a few years. But this particular software would be way too expensive for my company.

Thank you very much for your advice and best wishes,
Kevin