[Qgis-user] ECW on Ubuntu

Carlos Cerdán sig.upagu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 07:43:50 PST 2015

Thank you very much Richard.

After reading (and trying) your link, I've been looking for more recent
help. I found this:

[1] How to install QGis with ECW Support on Linux

As there isn't libgdal-ecw-src on last ubuntugis repository, when [1] says
"sudo apt-get install libgdal-ecw-src",  I've tried install it following:

[2]  libecw building for gdal

I'm not sure about [2]. Is it the way to install libecw compiling it?.
After that, It's supposed that libgdal-ecw-src is installed but I can't
find it in Synaptic.

After this, I've returned to [1], doing:

sudo gdal-ecw-build /usr/local/ecwjp2_sdk
gdalinfo --formats | grep -i ecw

On last step, I don't got any response, and QGIS can't still load ECW images

Some extra advice?

Regards

Carlos Cerdán

[1]