[Qgis-user] Psuedo-color raster legends

Robin Wilson robin at rtwilson.com
Wed Nov 4 08:12:41 PST 2015

On 4 Nov 2015, at 15:44, Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org> wrote:

>> Hi Robin,
>>
>> Regarding your point 1 below, please see the latest version (0.9.0) of
>> "Color Scale Bar for One-Band Rasters" (bccscbar) at
>> http://www.bc-consult.com/free/bccscbar.html [3]. It is now possible
>> to use the currently selected raster from the Layers panel.
>
>  I think this is a very interesting tool to have available.   I
> downloaded the last available version from that site and installed in
> my computer, a Xubuntu 14.0 64 bits running Qgis 2.12. When I opened
> the plugin manager and activated it I could find it under "raster"
> menu, as described.   I closed Qgis and opened it again, and I got the
> following:
>
> =================8<--------------------------
> Couldn't load plugin bccscbar due to an error when calling its
> classFactory() method

Hi Benoit,

Thanks so much for releasing an updated version - I wasn't aware the plugin was under active development!

I've got a few questions and pieces of feedback:

1. Would it be possible to add it to the standard plugins repository, so that it is easier for users to install?

2. The dialog doesn't display quite correctly on my system (OS X, running QGIS 2.10) - see https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wwgsm21ze854vc/ColorBarDialog.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wwgsm21ze854vc/ColorBarDialog.png?dl=0>. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

3. Would you be interested in this being integrated into core QGIS?

Best regards - and thanks for the plugin,

Robin