[Qgis-user] Psuedo-color raster legends

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Nov 4 10:43:03 PST 2015

Hi Benoit, others:

Il 04/11/2015 17:44, Benoit de Cabissole ha scritto:

> Your point 1: in theory yes; but I'm personally do not feel at ease
> contributing to such a repository. I rather have my plugins in our own
> repository: 1, because they serve well our purposes but, perhaps, not so
> well the QGIS community at large, and 2, they mostly do not follow the
> programming philosophy of QGIS (they are developed on the spur of the
> moment and are not good examples of code!).
>
> Your point 2: well the design of the interface has to be tweaked to
> display correctly on your system. I will see what I can do about that...
> Are you in a position to test the ui on your Mac?
>
> Your point 3: why not, but a proper developer should be assigned to the
> plugin. As far as I understand it, core plugins are in their own active
> branch in the QGIS source tree and are maintained by their creator or
> dedicated developers. Unfortunately, I have strictly no experience with
> the GIT world!

Of course you are the author, and you decide what suits you best. I
respectfully invite you to reconsider your choice, however, because
sharing your work through the common repo will attract more interest,
and potentially more helpers too.
I think, as mentioned, this is an useful core function.
And don't be too scared by git, for the normal usage it's quite
reasonable - and of course people here are willing to help for a good cause.
All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu